The Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX Nikkor Lens is a compact, lightweight, fully-featured zoom lens that covers a wide 5.3x focal zoom range, and is ideal for a wide range of shooting situations. It is ideally suited for use with compact Nikon digital SLR cameras with the smaller DX size chip. This lens offers an equivalent focal length in 35mm terms of 24-127.5mm. It will conveniently cover everything from tight indoor portraits to medium telephoto shots.
The improved Vibration Reduction (VRII) system allows handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions. It minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 4 stops faster. The Nikon Super Integrated Coating used in this lens minimizes ghosting and flare to provide even higher contrast and more vivid images, even in challenging light conditions. Three aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration even when used at the widest aperture.
This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum.
Note! DX lenses are NOT recommended for use with "full-frame" digital or 35mm film SLR cameras
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration. Three aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration even when used at the widest aperture.
- SIC Coating
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superior color performance and substantially reduced ghosting and flare.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor)
- TSWM built into the lens offers smooth and quiet autofocus performance.
- Rounded Diaphragm
- The rounded diaphragm opening (7 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- M/A Mode
- M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual even during AF servo operation, with virtually no time lag.